Skip to content
Tooth pain post root canal
Depas posted:
I had a root canl one month ago and have just started to have pain over the past three days in the area of the temporary filling. I still need to return to my dentist to finish my cap. The pain is horrific and it is radiating from my upper to my lower gums. I have been taking more than my share of motrin and tylenol. What are the chances that this is the same tooth or could it be a different tooth entirely?? The pain is also keeping me awake at night. Thanks

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Depas and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing pain from that root canal. I'm sure our community or our experts will be chiming in soon, but in the meantime, here are a couple other discussions from our board from others having root canal troubles. Maybe they will be of help:

Post Root Canal Pain
Root Canal Not Working

Hope that helps, and feel free to chime in to ask questions!

~Andie

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website