Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
sharp pain
An_246143 posted:
I have been having a sharp pain under my tongue usually at night, it is a jabbing pain like a needle sticking me then it goes away as soon as it comes., I have it sleeping and awake I know I am not biting my tongue as it is not the same pain. None of my doctors have given a thought to it so I am asking you for help. If it is nothing to worry about then I won't. Thanks

Gwen Cohen Brown, DDS, FAAOMP responded:
Hi An_246143,

I am sorry you are having pain. Unfortunately I cannot diagnose you online.

I would suggest, if you continue to have this problem that you keep a kind of pain diary, rate or on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst pain you can immagine. When does it happen, does it wake you from sleep, how long does it lady, does anything make it go away faster, if you take pain medicine does it go away faster, does it get worse when you are eating, is time of day an issue, do certain foods trigger it?

Is it visible or can only you see it? If it look worse when you are not at the doctors office take a photo and give it a date and te stamp.

The more information you can provide your dentist or physician the more accurate they will be in their diagnosis.

I hope this helps!

Dr. Gwen Cohen Brown

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website