Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

Includes Expert Content
What is this bump in my mouth?
2009red posted:
thought it was a canker sore. Went to store got what the pharmacist told me was the best med for it which was i think was canker sore patches. no help it still here in my mouth on the rightside of my bottom lip on the inside. Went to doctor Primary care said no clue what it could be who gave a lidocaine med told me use like a mouthwash no help. Back to another doctor which was a urgent care who told me it needed to be removed sent to a ear nose throat doc which was no help neither. he was more worried about money than anything wanted to do a nose job more then to remove this out of my mouth. PLEASE HELP.
Gwen Cohen Brown, DDS, FAAOMP responded:
Hi 2009red,

I am sorry you have been having difficulty finding a correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan. Unfortunately I cannot diagnose online. I strongly suggest that you see either an oral surgeon for a definitive diagnostic procedure (biopsy) or a dental specialist in either oral pathology or oral medicine.

If you have a Dental school near you this may be the best place to start as all three specialist will be at the same location. You can look on the American Dental Educators Association website to find either a dental school or a hospital with a general dental residency or a residency in oral surgery.

I hope that this helps and that you will soon be feeling better.

Dr. Gwen Cohen Brown

Helpful Tips

How I was cured.
How I Was Cured. By: MeWritten on April 6th, 2013 I NEVER...had a history of geographical tongue. Then suddenly, I had strange symptoms ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website