Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Small bumps in mouth
fsrock03 posted:
Hello,

Recently I have noticed small, white, bumps inside my mouth on cheeks. They range from pin sized to a slightly larger than that. They are painless. I have a history of bitting my cheeks when I sleep so I'm considering this to be the reason. One that stands out, I have one where the gum meets the cheek. It's small and I can feel it with my tongue but can only see it when it is against the tissue that connects the two structures. As for the white bumps they dissapear within a few days.

I have visited a doctor about this, but of course they are never around when I visit. He was able to tell me that it was not thrush. I have HPV but, he mentioned that since they are not painful or stay for longer than a few days it is very unlikely.

I have tried my own research but everything comes back cancer. I'm concerned but do not think cancer.

Thank you.

Gwen Cohen Brown, DDS, FAAOMP responded:
Hi fsrock03,

Although I am not able to provide an actual diagnosis online, what you are describing sounds a lot like a benign condition known as "Fordyce Granules". Fordyce Granules are oil producing glans and they often show on the insides of the cheeks, lips and occasionally on the lip as well.

I would strongly suggest making an appointment with your Dentist who may be able to address your concerns and give you a clinical diagnosis.

I hope this helps!

Dr. Gwen Cohen Brown

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website