Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
green tounge and stools
Faisal85 posted:
hi i just wanted to know that from last couple of weeks i am facing a problem of sudden green tounge and while after it goes green the first stool is green , it happens ones in a while , i took some anti fungus medicines it stopped but this evening my tounge went green again and now the stool is green as well ....... ( i smoke as well )
Please help.......

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Faisal,

Has anything else recently changed in your diet, medications and/or supplements?

Be sure to discuss this with your medical provider to find out what's going on if it continues and remains a concern.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Gwen Cohen Brown, DDS, FAAOMP responded:
Hi Faisal85,

I am sorry you are having a difficult time however changes in the color of the tongue are relatively common and normal and generally pass quickly. They are often associated with the color of specific foods or lozenges and will fade as the 'stain' is washed out by the saliva.

Since you are having both oral and fecal color changes I suggest that you return to the physician who prescribed the anti fungal medications and show them the color change in your mouth and ask if they need a stool sample as well.

I hope you feel better and that this helps.

Dr. Gwen Cohen Brown

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website