Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
DENTAL FINANCING
An_247032 posted:
my dad needs extensive dental work done. he has dental insurance however his copay is 6k for all of the work that has to be done. he does not qualify for financial care at all & we aren't sure why. he can pay monthly payments but he has to get this work done. he is a heart patient & he has an infection in his gums & the dentist are telling him it has to be done quick however he can't get it done without some type of financial assistance. we need help so that this man does not die.

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear An_247032:

I understand you are concerned for your father's health. You can explore several options:

A local dental school, a hospital residency program, or a local health clinic.

These organizations offer reasonable quality dental work for a reasonable fee.

Depending on your residency, Medicaid is also available to pay for part or all of the cost.

In addition, if your father cannot afford a particular treatment plan, maybe the doctor can present a more affordable plan. However, you must speak to your dentist about this.

Unfortunately, there is not much more that I can help you with here, since this is really not a dental question, but a question of finances.
I wish you and your father the best of luck,

Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website