Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    An_247032 posted:
    my dad needs extensive dental work done. he has dental insurance however his copay is 6k for all of the work that has to be done. he does not qualify for financial care at all & we aren't sure why. he can pay monthly payments but he has to get this work done. he is a heart patient & he has an infection in his gums & the dentist are telling him it has to be done quick however he can't get it done without some type of financial assistance. we need help so that this man does not die.
    Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
    Dear An_247032:

    I understand you are concerned for your father's health. You can explore several options:

    A local dental school, a hospital residency program, or a local health clinic.

    These organizations offer reasonable quality dental work for a reasonable fee.

    Depending on your residency, Medicaid is also available to pay for part or all of the cost.

    In addition, if your father cannot afford a particular treatment plan, maybe the doctor can present a more affordable plan. However, you must speak to your dentist about this.

    Unfortunately, there is not much more that I can help you with here, since this is really not a dental question, but a question of finances.
    I wish you and your father the best of luck,

    Dr. Zev Kaufman

    Helpful Tips

    sinus trouble in my teeth
    need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 19 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website