Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help With Canker Sores
Genie_Beans posted:
Hello,

I've always gotten canker sores at least a couple of times a year. I use a little Gly-Oxide, I try and ignore them, and they go away.

This time, its not doing the trick. I've had them for nearly two weeks now and I'm half convinced that the Gly-Oxide is making it worse. Essentially its a cluster of small white....somethings?....on the edges of my tongue. They've kind of been moving along the edge from side to side for the two weeks I've had them (its why I think the Gly Oxide isn't helping).

Its not that its horrifically painful, I just find them very annoying and they do sting a little bit. Is there anything else I can try to get rid of them? Thanks!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Genie_Beans,

Since it sounds like your usual remedy isn't working and they've lasted this long, it's time to see your medical provider for a direct examination to find out what's going on and for any treatment.

Let us know what they find out.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Ross47 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Not sure if you have tried this, but as a natural health care provider I can assure you (really) that an amino acid is either depleted in your system or needs a major boost. L-Lysine, take two immediately and three additional in 12 hours. Repeat until resolved, usually two or three days. It is also helpful to take one L-Acidophiles daily for the remainder of one's life to establish a much better intestinal flora, When taking antibiotics, especially females, it is extremely important to ingest acidophiles to support the good bacteria in your gut as the antibiotics, although excellent at their job, do and will also kill off the good bacteria. Studies have shown long term use of antibiotics can cause major Candida issues leading to Epstein Barr Virus further causing mono symptoms. Gee, fun stuff and it all works together!. You cannot eat enough yogurt, purchase from an excellent natural source; live culture is not necessary.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

WebMD doesn't document EMG for diagnosing TMD
Why are WebMD's informational articles on TMD a couple of years old and don't even mention EMG? Even wikipedia calls it the most reliable ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website