Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swollen/lumpy feeling inside lip
aasmit44 posted:
A few days ago I noticed inside my left upper lip felt a bit swollen. Not sure if it's anything significant, but since I used tobacco for 2-3 years (28 y/o male), I tend to be (overly) proactive about monitoring my oral health now. This spot is one where I did use spitless pouches while tempering down my use during the quitting process.

Anyway, pressing inside the lip with my tongue feels like a more pronounced version of the 'cobblestone' feeling that occur elsewhere inside the lips (due to salivary glands underneath, or what have you). It doesn't look much different to the eye -- no strange colors, shapes, etc, but definitely does feel swollen -- like a few larger, softer bumps compared to the normal, sort of granulated feeling I mentioned before.

This is pretty subtle, but like I said I'm overly sensitive when I notice anything out of the ordinary. It probably doesn't help that I keep messing with it, hoping the next time I check it will be gone!

Thanks

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Aasmit,

Considering your habit and your concern, see your medical provider to ensure your good health. A direct examination would be the best idea.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

How I was cured.
How I Was Cured. By: MeWritten on April 6th, 2013 I NEVER...had a history of geographical tongue. Then suddenly, I had strange symptoms ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website