Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Implants for dentures
An_247884 posted:
This is rather late in the process, but I am getting two front implants in which to attach a denture, most of your articles say the denture must be made first, but in my case they are doing just the opposite, there is no place for a denture to sit in my mouth as the bone area is even with the muscle that attaches the lip to the gums.

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear An_247884:

You are correct. Implants should not be placed without a three dimensional "blue print" to indicate the proper placement of the implants in relation to where the teeth ought to be.

Many experienced implant surgeons can and do place implants without surgical guides, yet, each surgeon has to know his/her limits and use a surgical guide accordingly.

Even, and especially, in cases where there is no supporting bone left, fabricating a denture to indicate where the teeth should be in relation to the location of the implants is critical.

I am not certain to your question...

Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Bone loss in gums
If you are experiencing bone loss in the gums and their is no pathology, What can be done to stop bone loss. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website