Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
25 year old root cannal infected?
Tara43613 posted:
Hi,
I had a root cannal and cap done to my top left molar 25 years ago, this week that tooth has started to hurt and is causing my face, eye, ear and head to hurt. It's been bothering me for a week, there is no abces on the gumline, could it be infected? I'm really starting to worry and know I should see a dentist but it is not easy to get an appointment where I live. Thank you

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear Tara43613:

Yes you must see a dentist as soon as possible.

I don't know where you are and how difficult is your access to care, but you must see a medical professional. Go to a local emergency room, physician, dentist, or anyone who can look at you and prescribe antibiotics until you receive care.

Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website