Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Please help. I fell on my face.
Finn77 posted:
I fell on my face 7 days ago. 2 front teeth were hit. No broken teeth they shifted a little but not much. I went to dentist and he could not tell if one of them was fractured I go back tomorrow for another x-ray. The problem I am having is that both teeth are still sore. Neither is turning color, I can feel them with my tongue. Each day they feel a bit better. How long does it take to heal ? Do I have a tooth concussion ? My dentist was not very helpful.

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear finn77:

I am so sorry to hear about your fall. It is very difficult for me to give you an opinion over the internet without an examination. You MUST speak to your dentist an have him/her explain the findings on the x-rays and clinically.

I can also recommend that you have the dentist take professional photos of your teeth as a base line. I typically charge a nominal fee from new patients, but my existing patients do not get charged.

If your dentist does not do that, consider going to a Prosthodontist, or a high quality general/family/cosmetic dentist in your area.

Hopefully, your teeth have not suffered great trauma and will be back to normal.

Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website