Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Red Strip on Tongue
Mamam posted:

Take the Poll

My daughter has got a red stripe on her tongue....its about 1/2 inch wide and as long as her tongue. Could you please tell me what it cud or might be. Do we need to worry or get her medical help immedialty?
  • please help
  • need information
vote
View Poll Results

Mamam responded:
Im new to this so im not even sure if this is where I was to supposed to ask my question here. If not can someone tell me how to do it. Thanks so much

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Mamam,

You posted find but it may take time for an expert to respond. If the situation remains and you are concerned at all, please contact your daughter's pediatrician.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Gwen Cohen Brown, DDS, FAAOMP replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Maman,

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose online and would need more information to even begin to develop a preliminary clinical diagnosis.

Therefore, I strongly suggest that you bring your daughter to her physician. This is the most logical next step as they can rule out any systemic disease (not very likely but should be done) and they know your child.

If your pediatrician cannot address your concerns you should take your daughter to a pediatric dentist, not a general dentist, as they will be more knowledgeable about oral lesions occuring in children.

I hope this helps!

Dr. Gwen Cohen Brown

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website