Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Post root cnal/pain in upper gum
An_248508 posted:
Had a root canal on #12 x 2 weeks ago. have had sensitivity and pain in tooth until now, however two days ago have developed pain and pressure below my cheekbone and next to my nose. Seems to be above the tooth they did a root canal on. should I pull this tooth? Two weeks in pain. Can't focus on anything else. Unable to take pain rxs due to allergies. Took Ibuprofen and developed serious gastitis and stopped.At witts end and have a long flight to another continent coming up. What to do?

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear An_248508:

Sorry about your pain. However, there is only one thing to do:

Call your dentist and come in as an emergency. Have the tooth looked at. No medical/dental treatment is 100% effective or painless, and as such complications might arise. They have to be attended to, and your dentist is trained to do so, or refer you to an expert in the area, the endodontist.

Please call your dentist right away.

Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website