Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swelling that is moving!
jaggedprincess posted:
Hi all! Its my first time here and I had a question about a VERY odd problem my sister is having. Yesterday morning my sis woke up with what she assumed was a bug bite on her upper lip. The problem is that the swelling is moving from one side, to the middle,to the other. I've searched all search engines and nothing comes up that matches,and I've never heard of this happening.Anyone have any ideas? She is taking Benadryl and the swelling has gone down a bit,but it's still moving! The only thing I can guess at is a worm or something,and she is VERY opposed to going to the ER or even a doctor till Monday,unless another symptom arises. Thank You for your attention. jaggedprincess

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jaggedprincess,

Unfortunately, as you've found, an online message board is not the fastest way to get a response but even if anyone had been looking in and responding over the weekend, no one can guess at a diagnosis.

It's now two days later... how is your sister doing? If the problem is continuing, has she sought medical attention yet?
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

jaggedprincess replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Caprice,

Thank you so much for responding. Her swelling did go away, thank God, and hasn't come back so we're pretty relieved. I actually found a lot of very similar symptoms in the allergy forums but many of them got worse or traveled to other areas of the face,so I'm really grateful that it went away!

Thank you so much for following up with me, I really appreciate it!! Margie A (aka jaggedprincess)

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to jaggedprincess's response:
Hi Margie,

I'm glad it went away. If it ever happens again, I hope she'll see her doctor. If it WAS an allergic reaction, these can sometimes get worse with each reaction. (I'm not an expert, just someone who has dealt with some severe allergies over the years.)

Thanks for coming back and updating us here.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website