Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I taste perfume
longwalk7281 posted:
Im having a weird issue of having the taste of prefume in my mouth. I woke up this way. I have not been able to get the taste out. I have not started any new medication, and I have tried to pinpoint to where it came from. Its driving me nuts

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Longwalk,

It's now a day later, has the taste eased after a day of eating/drinking, teeth-brushing, etc.?
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

longwalk7281 responded:
The taste is getting lighter. I was at the doctors yesterday so I thought to ask about this issue as well. He said it is probably a virus. He said he would do nothing initially except "watch" it. If it did not subside in a week or two, then he would check for some other things. Overall, I am very healthy even though I am overweight. So, this issue was concerning since I could not pin point it's origin.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to longwalk7281's response:
I'm glad you spoke with your doctor and the two of you will be monitoring this, Longwalk.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Bone loss in gums
If you are experiencing bone loss in the gums and their is no pathology, What can be done to stop bone loss. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website