Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
wisdom teeth
red22 posted:
if a person is missing the back teeth and the wisdom teeth have grown in there place do you still need to get them pulled?

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear red22:

This is actually a very astute question and a very good idea that is implemented in orthodontics. Sometimes when premolars are extracted to make space, there is room for the third molars to grow in later in life. In addition, if the second molars get decayed beyond repair at an early age, the third molars can be brought into position to take their place.

Since I know nothing about you such as age, oral condition, etc, the best that I can recommend is that you talk to your dentist. It is a very good option if your circumstances are appropriate.

Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website