Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Wisdom tooth extraction
    An_248610 posted:
    I had my wisdom tooth removed about three years ago and now it seems as if I have a bone coming out from that spot. Today I started having a problem with opening my mouth wide. Its seems to be swollen and when i put my tongue on the spot its as if the wisdom tooth was never removed and feels like it is impacted. Every now and then I get a little throbbing and my jaw tends to lock up. Is this a bone spur? Also it seems as if I am starting to get a sore throat.
    Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
    Dear An_248610:
    I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having, however, there is not much that can be done without a proper examination. You MUST see your dentist and have him/her look at the situation and evaluate it. There are many reasons as to why you are having pain, and it should be properly evaluated.
    Best of luck,
    Dr. Zev Kaufman

    Helpful Tips

    sinus trouble in my teeth
    need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 19 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website