Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Wisdom tooth extraction
An_248610 posted:
I had my wisdom tooth removed about three years ago and now it seems as if I have a bone coming out from that spot. Today I started having a problem with opening my mouth wide. Its seems to be swollen and when i put my tongue on the spot its as if the wisdom tooth was never removed and feels like it is impacted. Every now and then I get a little throbbing and my jaw tends to lock up. Is this a bone spur? Also it seems as if I am starting to get a sore throat.

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear An_248610:
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having, however, there is not much that can be done without a proper examination. You MUST see your dentist and have him/her look at the situation and evaluate it. There are many reasons as to why you are having pain, and it should be properly evaluated.
Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website