Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My daughter and I have red bumps on back of tongue with sore throat...
Bree75 posted:
Hi, so about a week ago I woke up with a white tongue, when I brushed, I noticed red patches like raw flesh on back of tongue. No pain since the first day, but lots of red bumps, kind of big on back of tongue. White is gone. Now my little girl has red bumps on the back of her tongue with a sore throat too. We all have a cough, but no fever or anything else. Food, drink, nothing effects it. Just bumps. Anyone know what this could be?? The bumps look like pink little blisters, they're round.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Bree,

I encourage you to repost your message on our Ear, Nose and Throat Community . Dr. Moser there should be able to offer you some guidance, but know that no one online can diagnose you.

I hope you and your daughter start feeling better soon.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

RondaLeeDeLange responded:
My husband is going through this and our Dr. says his is due to this winters nasty virus (cold) going around. You should take her in to see your Doc. Strep throat can do this turning into scarlet fever so please get checked.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

WebMD doesn't document EMG for diagnosing TMD
Why are WebMD's informational articles on TMD a couple of years old and don't even mention EMG? Even wikipedia calls it the most reliable ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website