Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
18 Born With No Enamal
Ayonnarae posted:
Just about a year ago my teeth started.. well basically decaying out of my mouth. Now they are chipped, ugly, broken & discolored.. I have had all of my lower back teeth pulled with only the 6 remaining front bottom teeth. I can barely eat anything. Now, I cant even afford partials or dentures and I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm only 18 & Its really hard to try and start my life without "healthy teeth." my top left side teeth are rotted all because I was born without ENAMAL!! I cry almost every day because of it just because I don't know of anything that I can do about it. Im so embarrassed. Just recently ive noticed my lower "fang teeth" have started to break because without my back teeth they have had to take the place of molars. and the small four bottom front teeth are OK but my gums have started to hurt, and my teeth are pushing away from my gums. I know that my grandma has had horrible teeth and my great grandma has had dentures since she was 18. but i have no way of getting the dental health care that I need, & I was just wondering if anyone knows of anything that can be done for me? I live in South Central Wisconsin. & only have a Forward Health Card...

If anyone has any information please email me at:
Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear Ayonnarae,

I am so sorry to hear about your problems, but there is help. Here is the website for the Wisconsin Dept of Health Services. There are many options there and you should explore them. Many clinics and schools offer free or reduced dental care. You just have to do a bit of leg work and, unfortunately put up with long wait time in he clinics. However it is far better than doing nothing.

I wish you the best of luck.

Dr. Zev Kaufman

Helpful Tips

How I was cured.
How I Was Cured. By: MeWritten on April 6th, 2013 I NEVER...had a history of geographical tongue. Then suddenly, I had strange symptoms ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website