Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

Includes Expert Content
Son's Adult Teeth
iversonjr76 posted:
Hello, my son is 4 and will be 5 in April 2013. He is currently loosing his baby teeth and getting in his adult teeth. However, he has had one loose tooth for about 1.5 weeks now, and me and my wife just noticed that the adult tooth is growing behind it with a small piece of gum separating them. I believe this is not normal, but am looking into setting an appointment for the dentist for him. However, since money is very scarce in my family, I was trying to look up what kind of procedure might need to be done to resolve this issue so I can look into my benefits and see what this might potentially cost me. I currently have Aetna DMO in CA through my employer. But if anyone has information on this type of situtation, please share and thank you for your help.
Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear iversonjr76,

Allow me to assure you that everything is perfectly normal. It is not uncommon for children to have there adult teeth start growing in prior to the exfoliation of the deciduous, baby teeth. AS a matter of fact the only thing that needs to be done right now is careful observation by a dentist.

You are doing the right thing. Any insurance company pays well for preventive care especially for children. Please go see a pediatric dentist near you. will have a proper link to locating a Pediatric dentist in your area.

Best wishes,

Dr. Zev Kaufman
Th3momof2 responded:
We nicknamed our son "shark mouth" because ALL of his adult teeth on the bottom front came in while his baby teeth were still in place. Needless to say, an Orthodontist is going to make a killing off our 2 kids . Neither of them have enough room in their little mouths! Hope everything is good for you now!

Helpful Tips

How I was cured.
How I Was Cured. By: MeWritten on April 6th, 2013 I NEVER...had a history of geographical tongue. Then suddenly, I had strange symptoms ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website