Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
After wisdom teeth removal and im nervous.
CurtBoi posted:
Well today marks the 6th day from when I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. I got them removed friday around 9am. There was swelling for the first few days but for some awesome reason since day 3 I have had NO pain and NO swelling. I dont even take my pain meds. Im on antibiotics still and ive tried to eat every now and then but being nervous has gotten in the way a few times. Ive stuck to soft foods and been rinsing with warm salt water after every meal and before I sleep. I dont use straws, smoke, or anything like that. I have avoided spitting with pressure even though I did mess up a few times but no signs a blood clot fell out.

I brush my teeth as well as I can and have not yet irritated my holes. My mouth also does smell but its nothing serious just what a typical not fully clean mouth would smell like. I have no discharge or anything like that.

Now down to what makes me nervous. Okay I know im in no pain so I know "Dry socket" isnt exactly possible but my top right extraction has been getting deeper. I have noticed every morning there is only slight blood in my mouth and my tastes metallic but im wondering if this hole is normal. I would guess the tip of my pinky could fit. Again I feel no pain or swelling. Can anyone help me find out whats wrong?

On another note, I gave my dentist office a call today and explained the hole to them and the lady told me to not worry and the different sides of my mouth heal differently and not to expect the same on both sides. She also said that if there is no pain then its not dry socket and that I actually am out of the time range to develop one.

Im just really nervous so someone answer me pls. I actually looking up 24hr dentists just in case. I cant sleep as well lately/ :[

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website