Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TMD?? Invisalign
BoatGirl46 posted:
I was at my dentist's office today for a patient consult. They showed me a CT scan they had done 2 weeks ago, when I first saw them for pain/pressure in my left cheek bone. I thought I had a sinus infection, but sinuses were clear, no cavities or abcess in my teeth.

The CT scan clearly shows that in left jaw, the upper and lower bones are rubbing together. The right side is better, but not by much.

The consultant we spoke with told us that I am very close to needing surgery on my jaw. The dentist recommended Invisalign to correct my bite, and the consultant told us this is the best way to treat my condition.

We are concerned about this, since other things we have read on the internet say to avoid any kind of treatment that is irreversible (braces, surgery etc.).

I am confused and upset, because I could see for myself on the CT scan that there is no cartilage in the jaw joint, and do not know what I should do at this point. I don't want to spend in excess of $6K to do something that may help and may make it worse.

What do I do now????

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website