Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swollen lip
Christina92 posted:
After having the flu for about a week, one morning I woke up and notice the bottom right corner of my lip was swollen. There was no pain at first, only a numb, swollen feeling of the lip. Until I squeezed my lip after noticing a bump then I start to feel a little pain. The day after I woke up and swelling was still there, this time it looked more like my lip was bruised. I never had any sexual intercourse or kiss in years. Nor have I ever had any herpes/cold sore outbreak. Not sure what was it caused by. All I remember was that I had the flu and this popped up. My throat and lips was a little dry when I had the flu. Before this popped up I notice I was grinding my teeth the night before which caused pain and discomfort to sleep. I had bought a Chapstick which I had never used that brand before. Not sure if it's an allergic reaction or because I bit my lip. Hopefully not a std. Please if you know anything tell me.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website