Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not sure if I should get a tooth pulled
An_249834 posted:
So about six months ago I was eating some pretzel rods when I felt something sort of crack in the back of my mouth only to find that part of one of my back molars (that had a filling) had broken. I just got it fixed 2 weeks ago ( It didn't hurt so I wasn't in a rush) the dentist believed that it broke of some sort of cavity near the actual filing. He said that the damage was rather deep so he didn't know if my new filling was going to hold or not. He told me my other options were to get a root canal or pull the tooth. The tooth is doing fine, but anything could happen. So I was wondering if push comes to shove should I just pull the tooth? I'm a 20 year old college student so I really can't afford to put thousands of dollars into a tooth no one can even see.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website