Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Growth in Mouth
regnc2 posted:
Hi there, this is a bit hard for me to describe accurately, but I have a strange membrane-like growth in the back of my mouth that developed out of nowhere in the past half hour. It moves around but it feels kind of like a long, thin cyst...and when I moved it with my tongue it seemed sensitive like there were nerves in it. At first I thought it was food but when I tried to remove it, it started to bleed. I can't see it, but it's near where one of my wisdom teeth is coming in. It's getting really painful and I'm just worried it could be something dangerous, especially because it developed so fast.

Any opinions or help are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website