Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is there any drug or food that can be used to grow enamel?
nes_se_nesse posted:
When i was kid i have a gap in my front teeth. i didn't have a problem with it, but my parents forced me to wear braces.
Unfortunately, when the dentist removed the braces, he cleaned the glue-like substance remnant on my teeth. He drilled it too much, causing my teeth become yellowish.
I'm very sad, because before wore braces, my teeth are normal except the gap. And after braces removal the dentist made me have 4 crowns on my upper incisors and yellow canines.
The left yellow canine is too different. Many people ask about it and it's irritating me. I don't want to have my teeth being crowned again.
Is there any drug or food to help me grow my enamel back to normal?
pteanna responded:
dont think there is a drug or food which can make enamel grow because once enamel is formed,there wont be any cells remaining
what u can do is make enamel stronger y using floridated pastes or what ever
have u tried bleaching?
plazadental responded:
There is no drug or food available that will help. But I am sure if you go to a good dentist, he/she will give you good treatment options that are completely safe and will ensure your teeth are in good shape and color.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

WebMD doesn't document EMG for diagnosing TMD
Why are WebMD's informational articles on TMD a couple of years old and don't even mention EMG? Even wikipedia calls it the most reliable ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website