Skip to content
What foods and drinks are bad for your teeth
mysticalchevy posted:
Hi

What foods and drinks are bad for your teeth? What food and drinks should I wait at least 30 minutes before I brush my teeth so it isn't so bad on my enamel? I've read that a lot of fruits ph level is low so are they highly acidic? Should I wait at least 30 minutes to brush if I've had fruit (apple, strawberries, blueberries) or fruit juice like orange juice or apple juice or after eating tomatoes? I have not been good at taking care of my teeth throughout my life and I want to take care of my teeth. Please help me with any information you have! Thank you!

plazadental responded:
Acidic fruits are harmful for the teeth and enamel if one does not floss immediately after having them. Not only acidic food items flossing after eating anything and everything is the easiest and cheapest way to keep a number of gum and teeth problems at bay. Brushing twice a day is enough for a person with normal oral health.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website