Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

What foods and drinks are bad for your teeth
    mysticalchevy posted:
    Hi

What foods and drinks are bad for your teeth? What food and drinks should I wait at least 30 minutes before I brush my teeth so it isn't so bad on my enamel? I've read that a lot of fruits ph level is low so are they highly acidic? Should I wait at least 30 minutes to brush if I've had fruit (apple, strawberries, blueberries) or fruit juice like orange juice or apple juice or after eating tomatoes? I have not been good at taking care of my teeth throughout my life and I want to take care of my teeth. Please help me with any information you have! Thank you!

plazadental responded:
    Acidic fruits are harmful for the teeth and enamel if one does not floss immediately after having them. Not only acidic food items flossing after eating anything and everything is the easiest and cheapest way to keep a number of gum and teeth problems at bay. Brushing twice a day is enough for a person with normal oral health.

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
    I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 34 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website