Skip to content
Sinus and Jaw pain after RC, no pain in tooth
canovak78 posted:
So, I had two teeth, molars on the upper left side that both had deep fillings with new decay that needed crowns. At the time, I was feeling no pain from these teeth. One tooth looked like it might need a RC because it was so deep. My dentist completed the prep for the crown and filled them both and said no need for a RC. I left town on vacay for 10 days. On day 2, after the novacaine wore off and the swelling went down, I was in pain. All on the left side, could not chew on the temp crown or anything and pain radiated from cheek to ear to neck. Finally after popping tylenol and motrin, I called the dentist for something stronger and some antibiotics. Never had such bad pain, vicodin really didn't help longer than 3 hours. Went back to dentist and adj. temp crown, no help and insisted I needed a RC. Well, he says we don't really know what tooth is the problem. We picked the one we thought was the worst and now I can fully chew on the right side, but the pain in my sinus cavity and my ear is still there though less than before. I can take 1 tylenol/1advil every 4-6 to keep it under control but I don't want to live my life taking pain meds. We haven't cemented the crown yet, waiting to see if this RC helped. What should I do? Do I just assume I need the other tooth RC too or should I go see an endodontist? I didn't have any pain until these 2 teeth were messed with and I just want to end the pain! Any advice would be appreciated.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website