Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help! Scared of Abscess tooh
MathewM1988 posted:
About 2 Months ago, I went to the hospital after work because I was having throat pain along with swelling of my cheek. I didn't feel any pain in my teeth, but when I wento the hospital, they told me it was a abscessed tooth. I wasn't really worried at that point because the dr just told me to relax and just go see a dentist once I finished taking the perscribed antibiotics and pain medicine. He also gave me some mouth rinse to use that will get rid of some of the bacteria. Well I went to the dentist about a week later and they told me that it was one of my wisdom teeth. I only have 2, and they are both on the top of my mouth. They wanted to schedule me for an extraction, but they also wanted alot of money and it was something I couldn't (still can't) do.

I am currently saving up my funds (or waiting for my tax check) so I can get this done. My question is, I have been through all of the antibiotics of course and I am starting to feel funny pains in my mouth from time to time. I still haven't had the extraction done but I am going to here soon.

The pains I am having are are weird to explain, but they happen all of my body. They shoot from time to time and it worries me because people say that you can die from this if you don't get it treated because the infection can spread. Now these pains don't happen too often. Its only when I am really thinking about the tooth and/or having anxiety about it. I am really hoping it is just stress from this tooth, but I would like to get some advice about this. I was going to go back to the hospital to get some more medication but I don't want to waste my time if all it is is stress/anxiety. And I don't want to waste the money I have saved just because I am worried. I am afraid that the infection has come back and that I just don't really feel it yet and that it could be worse this time.

Please someone tell me that waiting for another 2-3 weeks will be ok.

Thanks,
Mathew

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website