Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sore throat questions
Missa72542 posted:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but here goes...

The other day my boyfriend started feeling real sick. He's not throwing up or sleeping all day but he's complaining mostly that his throat is killing him. I took his temp last night and he was at about 101.5 .

It's down this morning (100.2) and I looked at the back of his throat. His throat is pretty red and at the very back he's got some white pus looking stuff. Not a whole lot but there may be more that I can't see further back.

More symptoms:
-Hurts a lot to swallow
-headache
-Left ear is hurting (Possible ear infection?)
-Needs to go to the bathroom fairly often
-Feels cold all the time, regardless of the room temperature.

What does this sound like it could be? Do we NEED to visit the doctor for this? or is there some sort of medicine we can buy at the store? He hates visiting the doctor, and would like to avoid it if at all possible. Thanks!

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website