Skip to content
TEETH SENSITIVITY/ACHING
An_251424 posted:
I am experiencing tooth sensitivity/aches as a result of placing a lysol cleaning agent in my mouth. Despite limited seconds of exposure ( approximately 5 seconds or so maybe), ongoing sensitivity and aches have persisted for nearly 2 months so far. Hind site, it is obviously dumb to use as an agent to kill germs in a mouth and am wondering about permanent or semi-permanent damage that may have been done to gums/enamel etc. After seeking medical guidance through both a doctor and dentist, they reassured me that I "should" be fine; however; I cannot recall ever feeling symptoms like this in my mouth and it is on going. I have had a custom nite guard ordered recently due to my dentist believing I grind/clench my teeth at night due to recent symptoms and signs of receding gum lines; however, I saw my dentist about 3 months ago and none of this was ever an issue (grinding, sensitivity/aching). I'm using sensodyne/pronamel and pain medication to help alleviate things, but I'm tired of feeling like this and wondering what else I can do. I plan to see my dentist soon to get my nite guard, but these symptoms I have are persistent and constant. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website