Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help...Please...
CindyLou1972 posted:
I was wondering if you could help me. About 2 months ago I started experiencing something with my tongue. It happens randomly, day or night, and it is very painful. It is hard to explain... It feels like a small random spot on my tongue goes numb and hurts really bad at the same time for about 30 seconds... it comes and goes. I know this sounds strange but I have numerous things wrong with me so I don't know if this is related to something I already have or if this is something new. I haven't started any new medicines so it can't be that and I always eat the same foods. Just a few of the things I have been diagnosed with are,,, ankylosing spondylosis, fibromyalgia, degenerative disc and bone disease, diastolic heart dysfunction, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, hypothyroidism, restless leg syndrome, bursitis, chronic fatigue syndrome, lumber spondylosis, etc. etc... I am in pain everyday and every night. My feet, knees, hands, fingers, neck, lower back, hips, ribs, you name it,, are always in pain. Honestly I don't know what causes what pain. About a year ago I started having severe sharp stabbing pains in my legs,, mostly on the outsides of my legs. Then they started going numb,,, then the numbness started getting worse and happening more often. I have weakness in my legs and arms. I had an MRI to see if I had a bulging disc, but no compressions. Then I had the nerves checked in my legs to see if there were any blockages, but no blockages. So I am just living with it. Then a couple of months ago I started having blurring and cloudy vision and I also started itching all of the time, all over,,, mostly at night. For no reason, I don't have a rash or anything. It is just really weird, my whole body just itches. I have so many systems due to having numerous problems that I don't know what to do anymore. Are these new things just a progression of something I already have or are they the cause of a new diagnosis? My problems all started when I was 35 years old, so for the last 5 years I have been going to doctor after doctor, I am on 14 medications, and this all has caused depression. I was married (but independant), very active mother of two boys, supervisor of my job and making excellant money and now I am a separated, a very inactive mother of my boys, on disability. I feel like the doctors are just starting to get lazy and because I do have several things wrong, I feel like they are just wanting to blame anything new that comes about on something I already have. I hate when he says, "yeah, it's probably, "this or that". I have really good insurance through my husbands employer but sometimes I feel like that doesn't even matter. So I was wondering if you could read my story, look at the new systems I have been having and give me an idea of where to go from here. Maybe an idea of something specific I could talk to my doctor about. Because at this point I feel really alone and lost. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website