Skip to content
LANAP - Anyone aware of global tourism areas; or US where lower cost
An_251742 posted:
I got quoted a fee for $5K; want to do, but not at that cost...
especially when I really have no idea if this will work for me; if I should wait a few more years...

Take the Poll

Did you have LANAP, Are you happy with results? Value for what you'd paid?
  • Happy with LANAP, good value
  • Happy with LANAP, think better cost overseas
  • Not sure at this stage, too early
  • Not happy with LANAP, cost appropriate
  • Not happy with LANAP, too expensive
vote
View Poll Results

SureshG responded:
Congratulations on looking into your treatment options for the treatment of gum disease. Gum disease is a truly debilitating disease resulting in bone loss, tooth loss and difficulty in eating and chewing. In addition, there are certain systemic issues related to the presence of gum disease.

LANAP is one treatment method which has been available for several years. It is available from general dentists and periodontists who have been trained in the procedure. Involving a laser to treat the disease, it can be relatively pain-free and cost effective compared to more traditional treatment options.

Fees can vary clinician to clinician and may also be affected by various insurances and coverage limits. $5000 may be reasonable depending on these factors and your location. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website