Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Dental work
An_251937 posted:
I recently went to the dentist to get a permanent crown put in and prep another tooth for a temporary crown. The evening I got home from the dentist my mouth didn't feel right when the novicane wore off. When I woke up this morning, the side of my tongue that the work was done on is rough feeling like sandpaper, and sensitive. It is also brownish in color. It is just on the side though but it is very uncomfortable. I also have a grayish layer of skinish type material on the inner cheek where the work was done. Both are not excrutiating but very uncomfortable, does anyone have ideas as to what this could be?

Jon

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear Jon:
What you have is probably some work related trauma. The provisional (temporary) restoration might be somewhat rough, and the cheek might have been "pulled" away during the procedure to give the dentist access to the tooth.
Without examining you, this is all that I can speculate. However, the best advise is to call your dentist an inform him of this.
Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

How I was cured.
How I Was Cured. By: MeWritten on April 6th, 2013 I NEVER...had a history of geographical tongue. Then suddenly, I had strange symptoms ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website