Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
wisdom tooth: options
An_251979 posted:
I am 64 1/2 years old, and still have two of my four wisdom teeth.
One on the bottom left side, developed some pain recently, and
had decay. I also have a very nice porcelain crown presently on that
wisdom tooth. My dentist is very good, he is older and likes to preserve
teeth if possible. I am scared to have it removed, since I am older
and have had quite a few surgeries, knees etc. in the last 7 years, and
hate surgery and pain, ha! He recently put sedation in that tooth,
and removed the extensive decay he found.
the first time didn't work, but this last time has worked to calm the nerve
down. I will cancel the extraction plan for now, but if the pain continues
to go away would it be wise to have a filling in that wisdom tooth, rather
than going for another crown, since I do not really know for sure whether the pain will come back and I will need a future extraction?
Please advise

Take the Poll

wisdom tooth problem at older age
  • give me an answer
  • I'm waiting to know what to do
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Bone loss in gums
If you are experiencing bone loss in the gums and their is no pathology, What can be done to stop bone loss. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website