Skip to content
Jaw Pain Ater Crown Work
bamabelle00 posted:
I had a temporary crown placed five days ago. Two days after the procedure, a consistent, throbbing, aching pain began. It radiates from my jaw down the jaw line on the top and bottom to my eye teeth. My dentists says this pain is normal, and is most likely caused by holding my mouth open for the 60 minute procedure. Last night, five days after the procedure, I was awakened from a deep sleep to severe pain that did not respond to OTC pain medication. I was brought to tears for nearly two hours. I cried, rocked, held my jaw, used hot compress, and took three ibuprofens to try to aleviate the pain. Eventually, after three hours, I was able to fall asleep. Is this within the definiton of normal pain to be expected after such a procedure? Additionally, I was told five years ago by a Maxo/Oral Surgeon that I have five wisdom teeth that needed to be removed. One (I think the extra) was near my maxillary sinus. There was also what she referred to as a pocket of infection in my jaw. I never received any treatment. Could the earlier diagnosis be related to my current pain?

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website