Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Burning Tongue With Inflamed Taste Buds
HugoTBower posted:
Six weeks I have had inflamed taste buds around the tip of my tongue. I have also had two painless ulcers on one side of my tongue. There are probably others but these are not noticeable. I find that anti bacterial mouthwashes tend to make the situation worse. I also don't have any trouble when I am asleep. To set the scene I am worried that these symptoms are as a result of oral sex I have to a hooker about 6 weeks ago. I went to the STI Clinic at 3 weeks post exposure and the doctor tested me for swabs/oral Chla Gon Herpes also blood tests for HIV Syph and urine for Chla Gon but all results are negative. I will go back in 3 months to check bloods etc again.

My worry is that my mouth symptoms are herpes or HPV even although doctor said she didn't think it was herpes Chla or Gon and he said probably thrush as a result of stress-relationship now in meltdown due to my idiotic behaviour.

I don't have any white patches and there is no pain just this burning sensation which comes and goes. I don't see any obvious ulcers in my throat etc.

Would love to know what you guys think and if there are any other guys in the same or similar situation. Any advice would be great as I am very worried about this and would hate to pass this to my children/family.

Help

Also if you could let me know how to upload a photo for this

undefined responded:
Same here,
This needs to be addressed in the medical community.

It seems like a type of hpv.

I had oral sex with a man. He said he did not get any signs of std from me, yet I got symptoms. I have reconnected with him and he said that he has since had sex with multiple women and those women have not gotten signs of stds.
My mouth is screwed, even though only I know what is wrong with my mouth, it's emotionally trying. There are tiny little bumps on the inside of cheek, there are numerous tiny little cysts under my tongue, bumps on the sides of the back of my tongue, weird looking taste buds, and the front of my tongue has been sore for over 3 months now. I just want to kill myself everyday. Plus, I got new fordyce spots on my upper lip and penis shaft.

It's hard not knowing if I'm going to give this to my next partner. I went to the doctor and this is what happened:
I literally got a biopsy of a spot on the side of my tongue and a new fordyce spot on my penis shaft. The results did not show hpv. Well I'm sure the doctors didn't examine them close enough. The doctors also said there wasn't a test for hpv in men. So I asked the doctor if he would let me kiss his daughter, (in order to see how confident he was that I'm not contagious) and he said yes he would let me kiss his daughter.

I want to know if I am contagious. I think that I previously had hpv and after having sex with this person, it was activated in my system. I am a good looking and ambitious guy who believes in God. And I need some peace in my life. Please help.

I would like to hear more how you have handled this HugoTBower . You can take pictures and upload them to tinypic . com and then share them.

Best regards... (22, m, orlando, fl)

steffanymohan responded:
Hormone deficiency, diabetes, and depression are just some of the causes. Some dental diseases or tobacco use has been attributed to this as well. This will aggravate if you eat spicy hot food. Keeping your body well hydrated will help. Chewing sugar free gums may help too.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

How I was cured.
How I Was Cured. By: MeWritten on April 6th, 2013 I NEVER...had a history of geographical tongue. Then suddenly, I had strange symptoms ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website