Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
escalating canker sores, sore tongue
nnt78 posted:
I have been having canker sores inside my mouth and on my tongue for weeks at a time, and it's making me extremely miserable. The episodes are becoming more frequent and instead of getting around 6 or 7 sores at a time, I'm now getting 15 - 20 sores at one time. They are now bigger than before and now my tongue feels like it's been scalded even though it hasn't. My tongue feels sore without canker sores and definitely sore with canker sores.
I thought the sores were related to stress, but the attacks are coming even when I'm on holiday. I can't help thinking there is an underlying problem which is getting worse. I am away from home and won't be able to see my doctor until Xmas. The doctors here just give me antibiotics even though they don't know if I have an infection, or what kind of infection.
The antibiotics haven't made any difference and I'm just using topical treatment to try to alleviate the pain, but it's not really that effective and I am now tearful and miserable. I would really appreciate any advice.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website