Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain after tongue surgery
Amber498 posted:
Hi, I had a hardened traumarized ulcer removed from the side of my tongue, 6 weeks after a bite did not heal. Three weeks after surgery, I have a hard, sharp lump where one of the dissolvable stitches was placed. The oral surgeon says it's scar tissue, but to me it feels as if a dissolvable stitch was not removed (I had them taken out 10 days after surgery). Is it possible that a stitch was left in my tongue? It is incredibly painful, as is the scab from the surgery (the ulcer was less then 1/2 across, less than 1/4 inch deep). Thank you for your time, I feel like the pain should be less with each day, not increasing daily.

Amber498 responded:
Had the question answered, thanks.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Bone loss in gums
If you are experiencing bone loss in the gums and their is no pathology, What can be done to stop bone loss. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website