Skip to content
Swollen taste buds
An_252925 posted:
I have had swollen taste buds on the tip of my tonge many times before. They always hurt, but I ignore them and they go away after a couple of days. I haven't gotten any recently until about two weeks ago, but this time they haven't gone away after two weeks. It started off like they usually do but now they don't look like a few white balls anymore, now it's a much larger and sometimes yellowish one. Every other day it would turn white and stop hurting, then the next day it'll be yellowish again and hurt extremely bad. It only hurts at night though.... enough to where I can't sleep through a whole night without waking up from the pain. I have tried everything I found online: good oral heigine, mouthwash, salt water, milk, no sugar diet (since I read they can be caused by eating sugars), taking antacids, ect... If anyone knows what else I could do to make them go away (and maybe why I got them), please help.... Thank you!!

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website