Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tongue too sensitive and speech problems...
An_253329 posted:
I've been facing tongue problems from a past few months . It has become too sensitive to hot and cold. It gets burnt easily with a moderatly hot drink and it freezes when i try a ice cream. Due to which i face speech problems , i speak too fast , i miss some words and i jumble up words. And when i wake up from a good sleep i feel a quite strain in my mouth specially area below my tongue. Please help. Thank u.

plazadental responded:
Before replying to your query, I would like to ask that whether you smoke as hyper sensitive tongue is basically caused by smoking. They are negatively impacted by hot and cold beverages or register a heightened response to any type of oral disease.

PAULPARAS replied to plazadental's response:
Thank u very much for the reply .....No i have never smoked, no alcohol and no kind of drugs.....And some odd day passes without any problem.........But it again starts happening the next day.........Its becoming too frequent now.

PAULPARAS replied to plazadental's response:
Also I have taken too many antibiotics in past 5-6 years because i had problem of sinusitis. Also i am allergic to dust. And i can't eat oily food because it immediately affects my throat and cough starts.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website