Skip to content
Bite pain and muscle spasms in jaw
curiousabout posted:
I have pain while biting down in molars and beneath on one side of lower jaw.(wisdom tooth was removed that was impacted sideways) Also i'm experiencing possible muscle spasms? (have pulsation feeling at times)
Currently on muscle relaxant prescribed by my oral surgeon.
Just finished a week of antibiotics to rule out infection.
Nothing on x-ray showed any obvious issue.
It's been 2 months since extraction of three wisdom teeth.
I've been to my dentist who told me that i was a "grinder". This could be exacerbating the problem. Tried a store bought custom night guard last night but feels worse this am. I have never had jaw pain in past.
Other side of mouth is fine where top and bottom wisdom teeth were removed. How long can these spasms last? Could it be something else?

Featuring Experts

Dr. Gwen Cohen Brown is an Associate Professor in the department of Dental Hygiene at the New York City College of Technology, and is a Fellow in the ...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website