Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lip issues
delaneyg94 posted:
About two weeks ago I noticed my lips were unbelievably dry. I figured it was because of the weather and started trying to keep Chapstick on them. My lips still felt very rough, and got little red bumps on them. Eventually the bumps would dry up and the my lips would peel. If I don't keep Chapstick on at all times my lips get really peely and feel very dry and tight. when I woke up this morning the outside of my bottom lip, the right side itched. When I scratched it it became a little swollen and white bumps flared up. After a bit they went away but they come back if I itch. The area also feels wet when this happens. I really don't have time to go to the doctor for this. If anyone knows what is wrong and how to fix it I would be so thankful.

mariaameliaperez responded:
this also happens to me when im dehydrated. cold or hot weathers and dehydration can cause chapped lips.
also check this out:

http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/audrey-kunin-md/many-hidden-causes-chapped-lips

hope i helped.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website