Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mouth & lip sores
lwoody2 posted:
Hi all. For several months, I have been fighting what various medical people have referred to as Thrush, a yeast or fungi infection. I have sores in my mouth and inside my lips, which also have cracked open and bleed at the corners. It is painful to eat or drink anything too hot or too cold and, of course, anything acidic or spicy is out. My derm doctor recently diagnosed my condition as Lichen Planus, which is a "common" condition which affects 1 percent of the population (lucky me!) Apparently, it is an autoimmume disorder, brought on by physical & emotional stress. That is understandable, as over the last six months I have had 23 doctor visits/exams, and 15 medical procedures, two of which were surgerys to remove a cancerous tumor. I guess my body is not a happy camper and is fighting itself.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

How I was cured.
How I Was Cured. By: MeWritten on April 6th, 2013 I NEVER...had a history of geographical tongue. Then suddenly, I had strange symptoms ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website