Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do I seek medical attention or dental attention?
ducksoup72058 posted:
I am uninsured and on a limited income. I have been using a new product called Eucuryl to remove stains from my teeth. This is the only change in my routine which is why I mention it. I developed a very swollen gum in front of my lower canine. My glands are not swollen but tender, down into my chin feels bruised. My tooth or teeth feel no sensitivity at all and show no sign of decay. Is this an abcess, an allergy to the new product or is it a sign of maybe a sinus infection? I feel like I want to seek attention for this because it has gone on for about 2 weeks now. When the gum was swollen I did run some fever and did not feel well. I have been washing my mouth with a homemade mouth wash of clove,tumeric, and cinnamon. This has relieved the swelling and pain in the gum somewhat though my glands are still tender. Any advise would be appreciated.

atti_editor responded:
Hi ducksoup72058,

While I cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment through this board, you might find it helpful to look through this article on gum problem basics , as well as this one on common mouth problems . I suggest you call your dentist and describe your symptoms. They may be able to tell you if you should go in for an evaluation or if you would be better off going to your doctor (or vice versa).

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website