Skip to content
Torn upper lip skin
ca079320 posted:
My son tore the skin that connects his upper lip to his teeth. What should I do about it?
atti_editor responded:
Hi ca079320,

I found this article that mentions tears to the frenulum (the skin between your lips and gums or under your tongue). This is what it says: "The piece of skin between your lips and gums or under your tongue (frenulum) may tear or rip. Usually this type of injury will heal without stitches. It is generally not a concern unless the tear was caused by physical or sexual abuse."

I hope that your son is feeling better, and that this information helps!

Best wishes,

Helpful Tips

After root canal...
Hi to all of you with toothache and may you solve it fast and successfully. Last couple days it was a hell for me and I have been checking ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website