Skip to content
Blister under tongue
dudeguy1 posted:
Hello. Every now and then I get fluid filled blister under my tongue. They can get kinda painful, but nothing too crazy or anything. I get similar ones in my bottom inner lip a lot more often though. I am hsv-1 positive. Can these blisters be caused by it by the virus? Is it an outbreak?

steffanymohan responded:
Canker sores are inflamed blisters which appear within the mouth area, sometimes inside the cheeks, in your lip area, under your tongue, or on your gums. Medical professionals are not certain just what causes canker blisters, although tension, your allergies, unhealthy nutrition may be the cause.

dudeguy1 replied to steffanymohan's response:
The pain is actually pretty rare. Unles i rub it against my teeth, it doesn't really hurt. The ones in my inner lower lip never really hurt unless I pop them and rub my tongue on them. Even them the pain is like a 1 out of 10. so not a big deal at all. is that indicative of canker sores? Ever since I found out I have hsv-1, I have been afraid of everything that comes out in my mouth, especially these blisters. Should I be this worried? I'm terrified of my own spit now!

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website