Skip to content
My son didn't get enough teeth.
pps3011 posted:
My son started to lose his teeth at the age of 5. He almost lost his all baby teeth but he didn't get front teeth in proper number. In upper jaw and lower jaw he has only 2 & 2 teeth instead of 4 & 4. He is now 8yrs. What will be the cause and what is the solution?
atti_editor responded:
Hi pps3011,

This article says that between the ages of 6 and 12 a child has a mix of primary and permanent teeth. Has your son been seen by a dentist to determine if the teeth are just slow to emerge or if he in fact does not have any permanent teeth in those areas? A consultation with a dentist would be the first place to start.

Your dentist will also be able to give you advice on what the best solution would be if it turns out your son does not have those permanent teeth. I have a friend who ended up not having a couple permanent teeth and had tooth implants to correct the problem. Tooth implants or a dental bridge are two solutions that your dentist may suggest. The links above can provide you with more information.

Best wishes,
pps3011 replied to atti_editor's response:
Thanks Atti,

Your advice is much appreciated and we will consult the dentist first.
atti_editor replied to pps3011's response:
Glad I could help! Please check back in and let us know how he is doing after you see the dentist


Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website